Friday, November 14, 2008

Mean Christine

I found myself at the High Point YMCA this evening. Number One Son had soccer practice and I had a vague idea that I might run around the track at the field. But it was cold and misty and being indoors was much more appealing. I hadn't done Christine in a while, and as the Y was sparsely populated, it seemed like a good time to try her again.

Warmup: 3 rounds of 10 squats, 10 incline situps, 10 back extensions (BEs), 10 pullups, 10 bench dips.

WOD: "Christine"
3 rounds for time of:

500m row (2:08/2:11/2:14)
12 deadlifts (DLs) @ 95#
21 box jumps, 18" box

Time: 14:46 (Level I benchmark)


Thoughts: This was a 3+ minute improvement over my last Christine time (18:06), so I'm very pleased with this effort. My box jumps suck - I can't get a good rhythm going - but my improved strength really helped with the rowing and DL times. The DLs especially felt much easier than the last time I did this WOD.

No comments: