Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back Squats 5 x 5

Got to the Y today during lunch, which is generally a pretty good time to go. My favorite squat rack was open and I shamelessly monopolized it for my entire workout.

Warmup: CFWU (subbed bench pushups for dips)
Back squats 8@45#

WOD: Strength - Back squats and push jerks

Back squats 5 x 5
  • Warmup sets @ 65#, 85#
  • 5 @ 95#
  • 5 @ 105#
  • 5 @ 110#
  • 5 @ 110# fail - last rep not full ROM
  • 5 @ 107.5#
Push jerks 5 x 1
  • Warmup set 5 @ 45#
  • 1 @ 65#
  • 1 @ 75#
  • 1 @ 85# (PR)
  • 1 @ 90# fail - tentative, did not go for it
  • 1 @ 90# (PR) ugly but got it!
Core work - 3 rounds
  • 5 x KTE
  • 10 x Hanging Leg Raises
  • 1:00 plank hold
Thoughts: I was a little ticked at myself over the first push jerk failure. I failed because I just didn't go for it. I was tentative, held the bar too long, and wimped out. So I left the weight room, got a drink and walked around to pump myself up. Then I went back to the bar and got pissed off at it. Boy, that helps a lot! It was one butt-ugly push jerk, but I got it locked out.

4 comments:

Ev said...

Congrats on your PRs and on your venture into blogging about fitness. It sounds like you have quite a bit to juggle, both on-line and in real life but hopefully this will be a valuable tool for you, in reaching your fitness goals. Welcome :0)

Jenn said...

Thanks, Evelyn. :)

I see you're at CFEB with Rebecca and Daniel. Y'all must have a great time working out together.

Rebecca said...

Congrats on your 90# Push Jerk Jenn! Nice to see that you're joining the ranks of the CF bloggers :-D

If you ever find yourself in the SF Bay Area you'll have to come work out with us CFEB folks!

Jenn said...

Thanks, Rebecca! I enjoy the boards, but find this format a little easier for keeping track of things.

I need to find an excuse to get back to SF - I haven't been there in...well, way too long!