Friday, November 14, 2008

Angie...STILL not RX'd

A little frustration on my part with Angie, mainly that I still can't do it Rx'd. I've been feeling pretty strong on my pullups and pushups lately, and thought for sure today would be the day.

Not.

Warmup: CFWU, minus Sampson stretch

WOD: "1/2 Angie"

For time:
50 pullups
50 pushups
50 situps
50 squats

Time: 9:20 (this is suspect, because I'm not sure if I did 40 or 50 pullups)

Thoughts: I was really pumped going into this WOD, especially on the heels of my Christine PR the evening before. I got 10 pullups into it and realized that it just wasn't gonna happen. My arms were ready fall off after the first 10 pullups and I wasn't able to do more than 2 at a time after that. Same with pushups - died after 20. So much for Angie as Rx'd. Yeah, I probably could have slogged my way through it, but it's supposed to be a metcon, not an exercise in futility.


1 comment:

Ev said...

Going on just the info I see on your blog, I'd say, do it as rxd and don't worry how long it takes. Seriously, it's normal for it to take a long time at first and you'll build up the strength and stamina through doing it. You'll know when to stop, if it does not seem like you may hurt yourself.