Sunday, November 30, 2008

Carb-crazy brunch

Brunch isn't something we do very often. Breakfast around our house usually consists of cereal and coffee. Well, except for KAD, who usually eats nothing until lunch time. But Hubby was in a brunch kind of mood today, so I made a big pot of coffee when I got up (about 7:30) and put off eating until we had everything made (about 10:30). You have to realize what kind of sacrifice this is for me - I'm ravenous when I wake up, and that bowl of Cheerios is at the top of my priority when I roll out of bed.

So...brunch. Or more accurately, Carb-Fest. Chocolate chip pancakes (with syrup!). Hash browns. Toast. Grits. Eggs as an afterthought. Juice. Milk.

I need to remind myself more often that there's a reason I don't eat like that every morning....

No comments: