Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Place for My Stuff

Following up on my last post, here's a pic of my "home gym" -


Obviously, it's in need of a bit more equipment - a few more KBs, a better jump rope, some parallettes (sp?), maybe a homemade medicine ball. All suggestions are welcome! ;)

And if that's my gym, I guess this is my locker room:


What's really scary is that with the exception of the ski-length Adidas slides in the bottom center of the pic, all of these shoes belong to KAD. This doesn't include her cleats, her Chucks, her boots, or any of her other footwear that is scattered about the house.

And finally, here's how we use our formal living room:




Oh, and I did work out today. :p

Buy-in: CFWU minus dips

WOD: Back squat 5x5
  • Warmup sets @ 45#, 65#, 85#
  • 2 x 5 @ 95#
  • 3 x 5 @ 105#
Thoughts: Did not do a supplemental lifting exercise today because of the elbow. I've finally owned up to the idea that it may actually be injured, as opposed to just sore, and I am going to have to give it some time to heal. Pushing movements and KB swings don't hurt during the actual exercise, but they come back to haunt me about an hour after I work out. So all weighted arm movements are in no-go territory for at least the next week, and then I'll re-evaluate where I am. Could be boring while I try to keep myself busy with just lower-body stuff.

Anyway, I think I'll be ready for a weight jump on the back squats before too long. The 105's went up more easily than they ever have, with no failed reps. Gonna try 105# across the whole 5x5 next time and see how that goes.

Cash out: 3 rounds
10 DU's (can't string these together, but did manage a 1 DU/1 SU pattern)
25 situps
25 supermans
Time - 7:32

3 comments:

Melissa Urban said...

Let that elbow heal up - there are plenty of things you can work on that don't stress it out. And nice work on those back squats!

Unknown said...

good back squats, and thats what I can a versatile gym... workout then take a rest right on the couch

Ev said...

Pink kettlebell! Woo hoo!
I'm sorry you're still in pain :(

A fellow CF athlete had bunyon surgeries (Yep, plural--both feet at once!) last year and she put a shout out on the CrossFit discussion board for excercise ideas for her healing period. She got a lot of responses. You might give that a try.
http://board.crossfit.com/
Do you use Tiger Balm or Icy Hot? It might be arthritis. I've had something like arthritis for ages. I know I'm repeating myself but...have you had it looked at?