Monday, July 6, 2009

Badger is a bugger...

Tough hero WOD, and entirely appropriate as we celebrate our nation's birth (yeah, I know I'm running a few days behind the main page). This is the first time I've seen Badger come up, and I scaled it heavily.

Buy-in: Burgerner warm-up
3 reps bear complex, 45#

WOD: "Badger" (puppy scale)
3 rounds for time

20 squat cleans (35#)
20 pullups
400m run

Time - 19:43

I was happy to get this one under 20 minutes, especially since I'm fighting a chest cold and could hear the rattle in my breathing. The runs especially sucked this time. Managed to do full squat cleans only about 75% of the time. The rest were either power cleans or pseudo-squat cleans. Pullups were kind of pseudo-kipping, with jumping the last round.

Cash out: Tetherball with KAD, about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Ev said...

Damn! Anything other than laying in a crumpled heap when one has a chest cold is hard. Good for you (I think). I hope those nasty buggies leave your body soon.