Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More Snow Pics and a handy excuse

I'd like to offer an apology in advance for those of you in cooler climes. You must understand that we don't get much snow around here, and what we do get generally does not stick to the ground. So the accumulation of 4-5 inches of snow is a HUGE deal, and the cause of much trepidation (among adults, who cannot drive in it) and celebration (among kids, who get a day off from school and a rare chance to use their sleds).








Taking this pic of Hubby as he prepared to clear the driveway is closest I got to a WOD today. Like everything else, the Y was closed in the morning, and by the time it opened, I was off to work. Between working late (damned virus shit is still popping up all over the central office) and the arrival of my mother-in-law, there was about a snowball's chance in hell of me getting in a WOD. I suppose I could have helped with shoveling the driveway and sidewalk, but we only have one snowshovel and Hubby seemed to be doing a pretty bang-up job without my help. :p

Handy excuse indeed. But excuses seem to be a recurring theme with me lately, no matter how much I resolve otherwise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so strange seeing snow down there.... ha

Rebecca said...

Pretty pics! Good luck finding the time for a WOD sometime soon!