Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Michael! Haven't seen you in a while...

Tuesday 17 March 09:

Once again I found myself at a workout site trying to decide what to do. This time it was one of the local middle schools, where KAD was having her soccer practice. Unlike most middle schools in our county, this one actually has a properly measured track around its football field. Excited by this, I mentally scrolled through my options:

Helen: Nope, no kettlebell. And no place at the track to do pullups.
Murph: See Helen for problem with pullups. Not that my elbow needed to be subjected to 100 pullups and 200 pushups.
Griff: Good idea, but just not in the mood. Besides, the football field was crawling with lacrosse players and I didn't want to fall on my ass in front of such a large audience.
Michael: Bing, bing - we have a winner!

Buy-in: 400m jog; 20 walking lunges; 25 crunches; 15 air squats; 400m jog

WOD: "Michael"
3 rounds for time of:

800m run
50 back extensions (subbed supermans)
50 situps

Time - 19:18
Splits - 6:23/6:25/6:30

Run splits were 4:00/4:04/4:18. Completely died on the last one - legs felt like lead. Still, this was 8 seconds faster than my last Michael, which was last July. I've never done this WOD Rx'd - I suspect that doing back extensions instead of supermans would add 5 minutes or more to my time.

Cash out: Rolling planks, 30 seconds each position for a total of 6:00.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's some solid running. :)

And Sunbutter is sunflower seed "peanut" butter. No nuts, just seeds. Its Paleo friendly.