Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More Homemade Stuff

Starting to feel some frustration. Because of the @*&#)$ elbow, I am reduced to just one basic lift right now - the squat. And even that may need to change from low bar to high bar I'm not sure I can bend my fucking arm enough to get in proper low bar position. We'll see when I go to the gym tomorrow.

I guess the good news is that the frustration has overcome my dislike of doctor visits. (note - I'm not afraid of the doctor, just his bills) Once I realized I couldn't deadlift any more, I called the doc. I have an appointment with a sports medicine guy tomorrow afternoon and hopefully he can tell why I can't even open the damn door with my right hand. And then hopefully I can stop subjecting y'all to my constant bitching about it.

So I'm still doing my homemade WODs. I try to include KB swings in just about all of them, since that seems to be the only upper body movement I can do without pain.

Buy-in: 3 rounds of
15 air squats to box
10 GHD situps
10 back extensions
10 lunges

WOD: "Dirty 30 Modified"

30 box jumps (18")
30 KB swings (25#)
30 walking lunges
30 GHD situps
30 back extensions
30 front squats w/25# KB
30 wimpy burpees (no pushup)
30 tuck jumps

Time: 12:22

Obviously, this was heavily modified - no pullups, no push presses, front squats instead of thrusters, etc. With all the leg work, I may be jumping like LeBron before too long.

Cash out: 10 crunches, 20 four-count flutter kicks, 20 four-count Hello Dollys, 1:00 plank hold.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad you have an appointment to see about your elbow. Hope the doc helps you figure out how to fix it!

Ev said...

Sorry about your owie elbow. I hope it gets resolved soon. Wow, that's a lot of work in just over twelve minutes. Way to go!

Unknown said...

I prefer high bar over low bar.. but that is just me.

and you did well on that workout, very well.

hopefully your elbow clears up soon.