Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back squats and video...again

I wonder if I'm starting to get repetitive with this. At least this time I took my regular camera to the Y with me, and was actually able to get a pretty decent quality video. I can't speak to the quality of the squats, but the video looks good. :p

Buy-in: 2 rounds
5 dislocates
15 air squats
15 incline situps
15 back extensions
10 OHS w/dowel

Tried to pay particular attention to knee position and hip drive on the air squats, hoping to establish some good muscle memory for the movements.

WOD: Back squats 5 x 5
  • Warmup sets @ 45#, 65#, 85#
  • 5 @ 105#
  • 4 x 5 @ 95#
Backed off the weight because I didn't feel like my form was good at 105#. When I look at the video, it looks like my back is rounded, although my loose t-shirt makes it hard to tell. The sets at 95# look better to me, but my confidence in judging my own form is not that great.

This is my last set of 5 @ 95#:



Presses (light weight, re-habby type) 3 x 5
  • 2 x 5 @ 45#
  • 5 @ 50#
These felt pretty good; no elbow twinges at all. I know I'm still capable of moving more weight than this, but I'm being good and not pushing it right now.

Cash out: Light stretching

I ran into my mom at the Y and talked instead of cashing out. I'm always happy to see her there and being active. She has some problems with arthritis in her knees, and she has a routine she does on the machines and cardio equipment. I'd love to introduce her to some free weights, but would be very nervous about her doing them without supervision.

No comments: