Monday, February 16, 2009

Dress for the weather, dummy

Another KAD soccer practice, another run in the beautiful BB&T Soccer Park



Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly this nice out. It was sunny when I started, but the temperature dropped 15 degrees between the time I started my run and the time I finished it. A sweatshirt and shorts with no hat and no gloves = poor preparation. The wind whistling past my iPod earbuds and drowning out my music did not do much for my mood. On the other hand, at least I was warm from my run and not shivering like the poor souls who just stand around to watch the kids practice.

Buy-in: 2 rounds
10 air squats
10 crunches (still have some mild DOMS from floor wipers)
10 pushups
5 box jumps
800m jog

WOD: CFE Running
5:00 on/5:00 off
4:00 on/4:00 off
3:00 on/3:00 off
2:00 on/2:00 off
1:00 on/1:00 off
(walked during RIs)

Total distance ~2.75 mi

Not bad, especially given the temperature and the 1/2 mile stretch where I was running into the wind. I'd like to be able to get the distance on the WOD up to three miles total.

Cash out: Stadium stair sprints
3 sets of 3 repeats max effort w/1:00 RI

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats a good workout. At least, unlike the other parents, you made good time of the practice and not just standing around.

Ev said...

Just looking at your warm-up made me tired. Look at you go!!!