Sunday, February 8, 2009

I just had to run today

KAD had a soccer training session this morning at Tanglewood Park. I had intended to drop her off and go to the Y for a WOD, but it was 60 degrees and sunny and I just couldn't resist a run through the woods on the park trails.

Buy-in: 3 rounds
15 squats
20 situps
20 walking lunges

5 minutes easy jogging

WOD: Running - 6 rounds 2:00 on/1:00 off
Distance: ~2 miles

Boy, I can tell that I've lost some running endurance since I started doing more strength. Still, this wasn't bad. I tried to concentrate on keeping a fast foot pace, and I walked during the 1:00 off. Two miles is an approximation, but probably falls on the high side. Maybe more like 1.9 miles.

Cash out: 3 rounds
15 situps
15 supermans

Spent all afternoon yesterday and today at KAD's swim meet in Greensboro. I saw a 12 year old girl swim the 50 freestyle in 25.79 and the 100 freestyle in 56+. Man, I didn't swim that fast until I was in college.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a 12 year old hit that time? wow... kids are getting freakish.

its tough to maintain the endurance when doing strength only, it really is.

Ev said...

Don't worry, strength takes more time to build but is persistent. Metcon can drop off if you don't work it but it comes back fast. See? It's a win-win!