Thursday, December 18, 2008

Three Days In, and Already Glitching

Today was one of those days where nothing, I mean nothing, seemed to go right. I couldn't work out at lunch because of our office Christmas party. After work, I had to feed KAD then take Number One Son to High Point for soccer practice. After dropping him off, I went to the Y in High Point to work out. When I got there, I realized that I had left all of my cash in my jeans - at home. No money for the guest fee. Shit. No lifting.

I was irritated, but not angry. It's not the first time it's happened. So back to the soccer park I went, with the idea that I would just run around the field. No go there - the only part of the place without any standing water was the part Son's team was using. Deep breath, because now I'm starting to get a little upset. Then I spotted the playground and thought, "Well, I'll just do a Tabata Something Else."

Jackpot! The playground, unlike the field, was mostly dry (amazing when you consider how wet the weather has been here lately). So I warm up and...well...

Warmup: 5 minutes of jogging around the playground. 2 rounds of 10 picnic bench jumps (~18") and 10 bench pushups.

WOD: Tabata Something Else

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. One minute rest between exercises.

Pullups: 9 5 6 5 5 6 5 5 Low - 5 Total - 46
Pushups: 16 15 11 10 10 10 10 10 Low - 10 Total - 92
Situps: 20 20 19 19 19 19 19 19 Low - 19 Total - 154
Squats: @&#*$*@&!***

Thoughts: I was in the middle of the last situp set when the field lights went out. Apparently the coach decided that the conditions warranted moving the boys indoors to practice.

Cash out: Grabbing my stuff and sprinting from the playground to the main gate of the field to keep from being locked in.

At that point, Son informed me that he needed to go home early because he has an English essay due tomorrow. And I decided "Fuck it. I can't even finish a fucking Tabata today." It's been one of those days. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Sorry to hear that Jenn,

December's just too crazy a month. I've suspended any systematic workouts or diet regimens until the new year, because trying to hold onto it through this month would just make me angry and sad. I do what I can when I can, and know that I'll get serious again in January.

Rebecca said...

Frankly, I commend you for getting anything done at all. You should consider making it through 3 out of 4 exercises when the odds were clearly stacked against you a victory!