Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Dirty 35


I have never completed a Filthy Fifty, primarily because I like to keep my non-CFE WODs (even the chippers) under 30 minutes if possible. So when the Filthy Fifty shows up on the main page, it's automatically a scaled WOD for me. I've done it as the Dirty 30 and the Dirty 35, but because my scaling and subs are always a little different, I have no basis to determine whether or not I'm actually improving when I do this WOD.

Buy-in: 3 rounds
10 air squats
10 swiss ball crunches
10 bench dips
10 supermans
Iguana stretch

WOD: "The Dirty 35"

For time:
35 Box jumps (20")
35 jumping pullups
35 KB swings (25#)
35 steps walking lunge
35 KTEs (subbed V-ups)
35 push presses (subbed HSPUs)
35 back extensions (subbed supermans)
35 Wallball shots (subbed 25# KB thrusters)
35 burpees
35 Double-unders

Time - 23:20

The subs were necessary mainly because I was doing this WOD on my patio. Pullups were from under the stairs leading up to my deck. This was the first time I've actually done double-unders as part of a WOD, and I was pretty pleased with them. I still can't do them consecutively, but I was able to get into a good rhythm of single-double-single-double.

Cash out: Pigeon pose, :30 each side
3 x Iguana stretch

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the F50, or in your case, the F35 is a very hard workout to do. I remember my first one... :)

Great work, Jenn.

Patrick Haskell said...

35 HSPUs is no joke. That's scaling WAY up from fifty 45# push presses. Hate to break it to you, bu it looks like you're ready for the full 50 next time.

Jason Struck, CSCS RKC said...

dirty thirty definitely has a ring to it though...

we'll have to do something like that in your honor over here in RVA.

Ev said...

Congrats on your double-unders! Woo hoo! As for the rope. I haven't gotten the name. I'll get that to you. I'll try to find a photo of it and send you link on Facebook.
ps
Try to get out of the single, double, single habit sooner than later. If it's months, it can be hard to unlearn. Ref: my experience and conversations w/ others about same.