Saturday, October 24, 2009

CrossFit Wichita Falls Programming

Justin Lascek posted a link to the CrossFit Wichita Falls programming in this thread over at the CF discussion boards. It sounds interesting, and I'm thinking about giving it a shot. I like the way it splits up the lifts and includes some short metcons. The split lifts help me get through a workout in my lunch hour, something I always had trouble doing on the novice SS programming. I suspect it will take some time to get worked into a routine, but I started today. The late fall/winter is my primary time to get to the gym for strength, as the kids' soccer is winding down and I'm better able to sustain a routine. I'm also going to Fort Bragg in a couple of weeks, and I'll have more time in the evenings to get things worked in.

Here's the program in a nutshell:
A-Day: 3 x 5 Back Squats; 3 x 5 Presses; Pull-ups
B-Day: 3 x 5 Power Cleans; Metcon
Rest Day
C-Day: 3 x 5 Back Squats; 3 x 5 Bench Presses; Pull-ups
D-Day: 1 x 5 Deadlifts; Metcon
Rest Day
Rest Day

Buy-in: 5:00 rowing

WOD: C Day, Squats and benches

Back squats 3 x 5
Warm-up sets: 1 x 8 x 45#
1 x 5 x 65#
1 x 5 x 85#

Work sets: 3 x 5 x 95#

Bench presses 3 x 5
Warm-up sets: 1 x 5 x 45#
1 x 5 x 65#

Work sets: 3 x 5 x 85#

Pull-ups 3 x max reps
8/8/6

Cash out: 2 x 800m run on treadmill @ 1% incline. 8:27 pace/8:20 pace
2:00 plank

No comments: