Monday, February 8, 2010

B-Day: Power Cleans and Metcon

First time doing cleans in at least couple of weeks, mostly due to interruptions in my training cycle.

Buy-in: Burgener warm-up X 3

WOD: Power cleans + Metcon

Power cleans 3 x 5

Warm-up sets: 1 x 8 x 45# HPC
1 x 5 x 65#
1 x 5 x 75#
1 x 3 x 85#

Work sets: 3 x 5 x 95#

Metcon: 15 - 12 - 9
Box jumps (20")
KB swings (1 pood)
Pushups (used the Perfect Pushup handles)

Time - 4:11

Wow, I need to work on getting my form consistent, especially getting under the bar. At least 2 reps every set, I wasn't generating enough acceleration on the second pull to get under the bar and ended up muscling it up into the rack. Not good for shoulders or forearms. When everything clicked, 95# was a piece of cake. When it wasn't working...well, at I didn't dump the bar and get tossed out of the Y.

The metcon was popping. 4:56 was my last time for this routine, so a 45-second improvement. Not too shabby. As a bonus, at least 3 different people asked me what I was doing, and I ended up giving a quick KB swing tutorial to a couple of them. Nice to be able to do a little CF promotion!

Cash out: 3 x hollow holds :15/:20/:19

No comments: