Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another 'A' Day - Squats and Presses

Buy-in: 2 rounds 10 squats, 10 good-mornings, 5 KTEs, 10 pushups

WOD: Squats and presses

Back squats 3 x 5

Warm-up sets: 1 x 8 x 45#
1 x 5 x 65#
2 x 5 x 95#
1 x 3 x 110#

Work sets: 3 x 5 x 125#

Presses 3 x 5

Warm-up sets: 1 x 5 x 45#
1 x 5 x 55#

Work sets: 3 x 5 x 65#

Squats were up 5# from the last session. I continue to make fairly linear progress on my back squats. My technique feels cleaner, though I still need to take video so I can get another set of eyeballs on it. Getting a little frustrated with presses. I understand that progress will be slower on these because of the smaller muscles involved, but I've been stuck at 65# for the last three workouts. I probably need a form check - my lower back twinges on the right side when I start to struggle with these.

Cash out: Barbell curls 3 x 5 x 35#
Shut up. I haven't done curls in years and I wanted to do something a little different today.

No comments: