Saturday, September 12, 2009

Another "Bear" of a day

At a bit of a loss as what I wanted to do today. It's a main site rest day, and I couldn't get enthused about any of the recent workouts. I flipped back through my notebook and found one I hadn't done in a while - the Bear Complex

Buy-in: Burgener warmup x 2

WOD: "The Bear Complex"

1 round = 7 reps of deadlift, hang power clean, front squat, push press, back squat, push press. Do not take your hands off the bar during the round.
No time component

Round 1 - 45#
Round 2 - 45#
Round 3 - 55#
Round 4 - 55#
Round 5 - 65#

Actually got through most of the first round with more of a squat clean-thruster-back squat-thruster routine before I got too fatigued and switched back to the Rx'd method. I'd forgotten how much of a butt-kicker this is. The ability to get the weight overhead is my limiting factor. Need to work my overhead stuff more so I can do this WOD with more weight.

Cash out: 2:00 rolling plank

No comments: