Saturday, January 30, 2010

Heck of a day to start back

I took last week off. My back felt funny after my last press session, and I was just generally feeling run down, so a small break seemed in order. My grand plan to hit the lifting starting today was derailed by the weather.

We didn't get the 10 inches that was forecasted (yet, it just started snowing again), but it was heavy snow with a nice layer of ice underneath, and Hubby busted the cheap plastic snow shovel trying to clear the driveway. We couldn't put down the salt without at least clearing a path, so there was no way anyone was leaving our house in a car today. I watched our neighbor make several futile efforts to get his car up his driveway, and our driveway is even steeper than his. If we had to go somewhere, we would have to walk.

So no lifting done today, but after doing the couch potato thing for the last five days, I was ready for a WOD. So I randomly chose a date from the main site and came up with...the Filthy Fifty. Damn.

Buy-in: 3 x CFWU

WOD: "The Filthy Fifty" scaled to "The Dirty Thirty"

30 Box Jumps (18")
30 pull-ups
30 KB swings (25#)
30 steps walking lunge
30 KTEs
30 push presses (w/25# KB)
30 back extensions (subbed supermans)
30 wall balls (subbed thrusters w/25# KB)
30 burpees
30 double unders (subbed tuck jumps)

Time - 20:59

It's been a long time since I've done a Dirty 30, last April as a matter fact. I did then as a Dirty 35 in 23:20. My subs were a little different this time. I could tell I haven't done a chipper in a while - I was sucking wind by the middle of the pull-ups. And the burpees majorly kicked my ass. As usual. Why do they bother my back so much?

Cash out: Fought off Pukie, gasped for air

No comments: