Saturday, June 27, 2009

City Meet Results = Good Stuff

City Meet 2009 went very well, despite being cut short by a massive thunderstorm. I exceeded all of my goals for my races, and I am attributing most of that to the work I've done outside the pool, especially the strength training. I felt so much stronger in the water this year than I did last year, even though I did less training in the pool for this year's meet.

Results:

50 yard freestyle - 27.46 (12th) Goal was sub-28
50 yard breaststroke - 34.77 (3rd) Goal was sub-36
100 yard IM - 1:12.98 (15th) Goal was 1:15

I also swam the breaststroke leg of our medley relay, which finished 3rd. My split for that was 34.56. We didn't get to swim the freestyle relay because of the thunderstorm.

Overall, a good day for both me and KAD. She dropped time in all of her events, and was the anchor on her medley relay. No pictures this year - I had my camera, but never took it out of the bag.

Took a couple of days off after the meet - gonna try to get started back today.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congrats Jenn! It's awesome that you met, and exceeded your goals in every single event. That must be so satisfying :)

Congrats to KAD, too :)

Unknown said...

great job, Jenn... I credit CF. ;) haha, no but really this is fantastic!

Jenn said...

Jay, I give CF full credit! I feel kinda dumb that I didn't actually say it in my post!